Happy New (Musical) Year to friends of our concerts in Galston. A year perhaps needing a little extra happiness, so we’ve planned five very enjoyable programs.
We hope that you will be able to join us for all (or at least some) concerts … and we ask the added favour please, of your telling your friends about the pleasures of our Sunday afternoon musicales – and afternoon teas!
While greater detail is available on our www.trybooking.com website listing (search Galston) and from our series brochure (please advise us if you’d like an emailed copy) we hope that you’ll be tempted by these musical highlights …..
• our customary balance of easy-listening ‘Classical and Contrasts’ styles;
• music by great composers across the ages, around the world;
• a spectrum of sounds: instrumental/keyboard/vocal plus a hint of jazz and folk;
• Beethoven cameos in each program to celebrate his 250th birthday year;
• a new feature of pre-concert preludes with our historic pipe organ
and other benefits …..
• leading Australian professional performers of international attainment;
• cameos by their talented student proteges and other young performers;
• relaxed conversational presentation style;
• no change to series and single concert ticket costs (still at 2016 prices);
• inclusive of a delicious post-concert meet-the-performers afternoon tea.
Three’s Company starts our series on 22 March with soprano, clarinet and piano plus cameo strings; Cellissimo offers a cello feast plus piano and organ on 24 May; a World of Music on 26 July includes harp, piano, and Latin American flair; Beethoven and The Blue Danube take centre stage 20 September; the series finale includes rising stars in an International Gala on 22 November.
More details in future newsletters.
Until then please join us – and spread the word to friends to help our audience grow in another successful year of concerts. The Galston Concerts team … Elizabeth Garlick, Robert Harris, Dorit Herskovits, Kathleen Michael, Geoff Smith
Phone enquiries to Elizabeth on 9563 2039 or Robert on 0428 248 348