Hills Community Aid has several workshops running this October School Holidays from October 7 to October 9.
From African drumming and electronic music to craft there is something for primary aged children and for teenagers at Balcombe Heights in Baulkham Hills.
The free work ready skills workshop on Wednesday, October 7 is aimed at 16 to 24-year-olds and offers an introduction to barista training with the Hills Daily Grind mobile coffee van, it offers interview skills, resume writing, further training and work experience opportunities.
• Canvas Painting: Wednesday, October 7, 10am to 12pm. Cost $5.
• Free Youth Work Ready Skills workshops, ages 16 to 24 on Wednesday, October 7 from 9.30am to 2.30pm. Lunch included.
• Free Open Craft for all ages Thursday, October 8. Two sessions available, 10am to 11.30am and 12.30pm to 2pm. Necklace making, biscuit decorating and pet rocks part of the fun.
• African Drumming, Thursday October 8 from 10am to 12pm is for all ages but there are limited spaces. Cost is $5 and bookings are a must.
• Electronic Music Creation, Friday, October 9 from 10am to 12pm is recommended for ages 12 to 17. Cost is $5.
• Dream Boards for Parent and Child, Friday October 9. Cost $5 all resources supplied.
• Reverse Garbage Crafts. Friday, October 9. Choice of two sessions, 10.30am to 11.30am and 12pm to 1pm. Cost $5. All workshops are at: Balcombe Heights Estate, 92 Seven Hills Road Baulkham Hills, Turner Buildings 4 and 5.
More information about workshop days, times can be found on our website: www.hca.org.auand Facebook page www.facebook.com/hillscommunityaid/
Limited places are available. Bookings are essential: Call 9639 7918 to register and pay for the workshops.