Youth of the Year
Quest for developing leadership potential
Supported by Castle Hill Lions Club
Castle Hill Lions Club supports the annual Youth of the Year Quest every year and has done so for 45 years. This year there are a number of very talented local year 11 and 12 high school students who have taken part in the 2017-2018 Youth of the Year Quest and already demonstrated solid leadership potential. There are several aspects to this award and the next stages are due to take place during March and April.
These nights have public speaking emphasis and are due to take place:
• March 15, Region/Zone Youth of the Year final at Baulkham Hills Sports Club, and
• March 24, District Youth of the Year Final at Bankstown Sports Club, and
• April 14, the Youth of the Year State final.
The YOTY Quest is 80% demonstrating leadership skills in interviews with the judges and 20% public speaking. The following students took part in the Castle Hill Lions Club level on February 19 at Castle Hill RSL
• Anvi Kohli – Baulkham Hills High School
• Vineel Repoka – Baulkham Hills High School
• Aditya Pillai – Castle Hill High School
• Jessica Peake – Castle Hill High School
• Liam Spinks – Castle Hill High School
• Flynn Hume – Gilroy Catholic College
• Harry Fraser – William Clarke College
The Quest competitors at the Club level were judged by a panel of:
• a local business person
• an NAB representative, (Anand Konnur, Business Banking Manager, Norwest NAB)
• and Toastmasters member.
Quest evenings are composed of a meal, then a short public speaking program which asks the Quest competitors to reply in two minutes each to two Impromptu questions and then give a five minute Prepared speech on a topic of their choice.
The public speaking winner on the night was Vineel Repoka
However, the overall winner who will advance to the next round is Jessica Peake from Castle Hill High.
These outstanding youths from local schools need your support by your attending the competition evenings. This Quest is a project which is highlighted for the next three months by Castle Hill Lions Club and they would like the community to assist in this further development of leadership skills in the rising generation.
Please come and show your interest in the leaders of tomorrow.
If you would like to attend these Youth of the Year Quest evenings or want more information, please contact Elizabeth Lessells. Phone | 0416 032 498