There is so much to enjoy and discover at The Secret Garden and Nursery at Richmond.
The Secret Garden is a not-for-profit ‘Community Hub’ encompassing 15 acres at the Western Sydney University campus in Richmond. The Garden is managed by North West Disability Services.
The focus of the garden is to provide a space that draws community groups, organisations and individuals from all walks of life together in a welcoming environment that enables them to flourish and grow.
Here’s just a few of the great things for you to discover at the Secret Garden:
• Retail nursery: hundreds of plants at bargain prices, most of which have been propagated and grown on-site. We have lots of rare and unusual plants for sale, all acclimatised to conditions right here in the Hawkesbury
• One Mile Kitchen Café: serving delicious home cooked food. A lovely place to bring a group or just catch up for a coffee with friends in a beautiful garden setting. Open 10am-2pm, Monday to Friday and also Saturday (when volunteers are available).
• Farmyard Animals: chickens, ducks, guinea pigs, goats, sheep and a pair of gorgeous miniature donkeys
• Children’s Playground: complete with a mudbrick castle, play equipment and a hidden dragon. Mother’s Groups are more than welcome to visit
• Daily Programs: for groups and individuals of all ages and abilities. Some of the programs we offer include horticulture therapy, animal therapy, coffee shop, candle making, construction and landscaping
• Courses and workshops: learn more about horticulture, permaculture, sustainability, animal husbandry, mud-brick making and much more
• Groups Welcome: Probus, Garden Clubs and Social Groups are invited to the garden for a tour, lunch or morning tea. Learning activities can also be organised, bookings are required
• Riding for the Disabled, Mates Shed & Mens Shed: all located on the site as well
• Volunteering: new volunteers are always welcome and there are lots of activities to become involved with. Become part of the Secret Garden community today!
The Secret Garden is located on Clydesdale Lane, on the campus of the Western Sydney University, Richmond, enter via Londonderry Road.
It is open Monday to Saturday from 9am to 4pm. For more information 02 9686 4155.
We hope to see you at our garden soon!