Bilpin Rural Fire Brigade

The statutory bushfire danger period lasts from October 1 to March 31 (these dates are subject to change depending on local conditions). If you plan to light an outdoor fire during this time, you will need a fire permit.

Vc Bilpin Rural Fire Brigade

Fire permits help us ensure that flames are used safely. The permit defines the rules for starting and maintaining fire and lets firefighters know when you are conducting operations that burn your property.

Fire permits are provided free of charge by NSW Bilpin Rural Fire Brigade.

V Bilpin Rural Fire Brigade

To apply for a fire permit, contact the Hawkesbury Fire Control Center on 4560 6400.
There are heavy penalties if you don’t follow the restrictions or rules.

You must always REGISTER your burns on the Hawkesbury City Council website (link below), no matter what time of year.
Tell your neighbors about your plan to burn the pile and post it on the Bilpin Facebook page if you can.

Ds Bilpin Rural Fire BrigadeSIZE of piles must not be higher than 2m x 2m x 1.5m; and there must be a distance of 2 meters around the stake and the stake must be 20 meters away from any building. Do not burn stakes for more than 3 consecutive days.

Be sure to keep an eye out for burned items and have a source of water available.
Fires MUST be extinguished by the end of the day and not ignited overnight.

D Bilpin Rural Fire BrigadeNote: This information is relevant to Hawkesbury Town Council residents. Check with your local council for advice/rules and regulations that apply to you. Because of the wet weather, don’t take your property maintenance and fire planning for granted. However, continue to inspect and maintain your property and equipment. That way you know you can rely on it when you need it.…/forms/open-burning…/BFDP/burn-notifications

Related Articles

Back to top button