For over 45 years, CHRG (Castle Hill RSL Group) has been an important part of the community, providing somewhere for over 50,000 members to meet, eat and enjoy social interaction and friendship with others.
CHRG offers much-needed support and facilities to veterans and their families; and sponsors dozens of youth sport, recreation, art, culture, and educational programs.
Group CEO, David O’Neil said: “Despite another challenging year due to mandated lockdowns, we are proud that we have been able to continue our support – donating in excess of $2.1 million into cooperative-based programs that support the people of The Hills, Parramatta, and Hawkesbury local council areas.
“Across our three venues – Castle Hill RSL Club, Club Parramatta, and Lynwood Golf & Country Club – our association support spans far and wide. Some examples of our society support include:
• Funding for local junior sporting clubs to purchase training equipment and uniforms
• Funding to assist local special needs schools to build infrastructure and purchase specialist equipment • Funding to provide support and shelter to families or individuals in need
• Funding to train, upskill and educate district leaders with the tools they need to engage our youth
• Funding to provide CPR and life-saving programs for community organisations
• Plus many, many more individuals and local NFPs who rely on our support every year
“Local Clubs like ours, are an important part of the fabric of every community. Clubs not only provide spaces to socialise and connect with our families and friends, but they also inject millions of dollars into community sports and NFPs who rely heavily on Club funding to operate.”
To find out more visit the website: www.chrg.com.au/ community