The Hills SES logged more than 900 calls for assistance following Saturday’s wild storm.
Most related to trees down and property damage in the Baulkham Hills, Castle Hill and West Pennant Hills areas.
As well as the Rural Fire Service crews, The Hills SES was supported by NSW SES Crews from areas as far away as Yass, Bathurst
Hills Shire Mayor Michele Byrne congratulated everyone involved n the
“A big thank you to those residents who helped to clear local roads and footpaths of debris – we truly appreciate your efforts to keep our
“We are so fortunate to live in a community that is quick to band together and help each other out in challenging times, and on behalf of everyone at The Hills Shire Council, I would like to thank everyone involved for their help and support.”
SES Storm advice
There are a few simple things that you can do to help
reduce the potential damage caused by severe storms.
• Maintain your yard and balcony. Secure or store items that could blow around in strong winds
• Clean your gutters,
• Trim trees and branches that could potentially fall on your home or
• Fix any damage to your roof, including broken or missing tiles
• Check your insurance policy is current and adequate
• Make a Home Emergency Plan for your family that outlines what you would do in an emergency
• Prepare an emergency kit with essential items in case you lose power or need to leave home in an emergency
• Listen to your local radio station and other media for
The SES Emergency Number is 132 500.