The Permaculture Hawkesbury Valley Inc. will hold a thorough step-by-step canning process at McGraths Hill on the 8th of June 2023.
According to the public Facebook event posted by the group, the session aims to give a hands-on learning process about canning and “…to make preserves using local, seasonal ingredients.”
The workshop will cover topics such as:
- Food safe practices for boiling water bath canning of high acid and acidified foods
- Food-safe practices for pressure canning of low-acid foods including vegetables, meats, seafood, soups and stews
- Detailed information on canning equipment, tools and ingredients
- Canning your own or locally sourced seasonal produce to last throughout the year
- Along with a jar of preserved carrots, participants will take home an information pack containing all information covered in class and some fabulous recipes to try at home
Workshop tickets cost $80.72 AUD, inclusive of a $5.72 AUD Fee. Tickets can be reserved online via Eventbrite here: Introduction to Home Canning and Preserving.
The workshop will be held at 1 Philip Pl, McGraths Hill, 2756.
For more information, visit the group’s official Facebook page.
Image credit to Permaculture Hawkesbury Valley Inc.