Many of us keep putting of writing our Will for many reasons, however your Will is the only legal document that states who you want to receive your assets and how your Estate is to be managed when you pass away.
When considering the wording for a Will you may also want to:
- Write personal messages
- Specify your final wishes
- Make arrangements for pets
- Leave specific gifts to loved ones
- Include gifts to charities that you care about
When you decide to write your Will and have provided for your loved ones, consider leaving a gift to Sydney Children’s Hospitals Foundation (SCHF). Your gift whether large or small, can help fund groundbreaking research, purchase vital cutting-edge equipment, and enable SCHF to continue its mission to ensure world-class health care for children.
Making a Difference: Ways to Help Sick Kids
Including a gift to SCHF is as simple as including a gift to a loved one. Contact your legal advisor and advise them of your wishes or you could use a step-by-step online option to create a simple Will.
SCHF is pleased to partner with Safewill to offer you the opportunity to write your online Will for just $80 (usually $160).
Safewill, is Australia’s highest rated online Will writing platform. Safewill makes it quick, easy, and affordable to write your Will online.
GUIDE ON MAKING A WILL
- You must be 18 years or older.
- Ensure your details are accurate and up to date.
- Ensure your full name is correctly written and your current address is included.
- Clearly state that you are revoking all other Wills that you may have executed before. This is important if the Will is contested or challenged.
- Appoint an Executor or Executors. This is the person who will carry out your instructions and administer your Estate.
- Nominate guardians for children. Determine how assets will be distributed.
- Ensure the Will is signed by two independent witnesses who are not beneficiaries.