The Environmental Impact Statement (EIS) for the WestConnex M4-M5 Link is now on exhibition, and the NSW Department of Planning and Environment welcomes community feedback.
Everyone is encouraged to have their say on this next vital step of WestConnex.
The M4-M5 Link project is the third stage of WestConnex and includes a new multi-lane road link connecting the M4 East project at Haberfield with the New M5 project at the St Peters Interchange.
The project includes:
- Twin multi-lane tunnels between Haberfield and St Peters
- An interchange at Rozelle which includes tunnels, ramps and related infrastructure for a potential futureWestern Harbour Tunnel
- A tunnel connection from the Rozelle Interchange to the Iron Cove Bridge
- Upgrades to the surrounding road network.
A spokesperson said the Department of Planning and Environment is keen to hear the community’s views.
“Community consultation underpins the planning process and it’s important that community members submit their feedback. The proponent must respond to the feedback we receive and it’s all considered during the Department’s assessment of the proposal,” the spokesperson said.
The EIS will be available to view from Friday 18 August and submissions are open until Monday 16 October 2017.
Written submissions can also be made to:
Department of Planning and Environment
Attn: Director, Transport Assessments
GPO Box 39
Sydney NSW 2001
A hard copy of the EIS can be inspected at the following locations:
- Roads and Maritime Services: 20-44 Ennis Rd, Milsons Point
- City of Sydney Council: Town Hall House, Level 2, 456 Kent St, Sydney
- Inner West Council – Ashfield Customer Service Centre: 260 Liverpool Rd, Ashfield
- Inner West Council – Leichhardt Customer Service Centre: 7-15 Wetherill St, Leichhardt
- Inner West Council – Petersham Customer Service Centre: 2-14 Fisher St, Petersham
- Ashfield Library: Level 3, 260 Liverpool Rd, Ashfield
- Balmain Library: 370 Darling St, Balmain
- Emanuel Tsardoulias Community Library: 362-372 New Canterbury Road, Dulwich Hill
- Five Dock Library: 4-12 Garfield St, Five Dock
- Glebe Library: 186 Glebe Point Rd (corner Wigram Road), Glebe
- Haberfield Library: 78 Dalhousie St, Haberfield
- Leichhardt Library: Piazza Level, Italian Forum, 23 Norton St, Leichhardt
- Marrickville Library: Corner Marrickville Rd and Petersham Rd, Marrickville
- Newtown Library: 8-10 Brown St, Newtown
- St Peters Library: St Peters Town Hall, Unwins Bridge Road, Sydenham
- Stanmore Library: Stanmore Reserve, Douglas St, Stanmore
- Ultimo Library: Level 1, Ultimo Community Centre, 40 William Henry St, Ultimo
- Redfern Neighbourhood Service Centre: 158 Redfern St, Redfern
- Nature Conservation Council of NSW: Level 14, 338 Pitt St, Sydney