Samantha Riley Drive Reserve will be open to the Hills Shire community members on the 23rd of September, 2023.
The opening of North Kellyville’s new sports complex will have activities such as face painting and more. In addition, there will be free but limited gelato and coffee, according to Hills Shire Mayor Dr Peter Gangemi.
Everyone is encouraged to see the Reserve’s new upgrades, starting at 10:00 AM and until noon. These include:
- Four multi-purpose rectangular natural turf sports fields that can also be reconfigured into two cricket fields;
- A basketball half-court;
- Two practice cricket nets;
- A local playground;
- Picnic facilities;
- An amenities building with accessible toilets, change rooms, kiosk, referee room and storage;
- Onsite carpark with 200 spaces; and
- Concrete shared loop pathway around the fields.
It is one of the recent additions to the Hills Shire. Last month, the Withers Road Reserve also had its own opening, with over 300 people attending the ribbon-cutting ceremony on the 19th of August.
The Reserve’s upgrade is part of the North Kellyville Precinct Planning. The estimated cost for the development of North Kellyville’s infrastructure is approximately $266 million.
TRN Group was awarded the contract for the construction of the sports complex.
Samantha Riley Drive Reserve is located at 49 Samantha Riley Drive, North Kellyville 2155.