Rose Garden Update

The completion of stage one of the Roxborough Park Rose Garden at Baulkham Hills, one of Council’s key refurbishment projects for 2022, is getting closer.

Stage one is the section closest to the sports fields and in many of the areas, pathways, mulching and irrigation are now complete. The roses in these areas have either been pruned for winter or will be replanted.

The area around the two large pine trees is approximately 80 per cent complete, with new metal edging and installation of turf underlay completed and metal edge works, mulching, irrigation and in-fill planting making up the remaining 20 per cent or work to be done.

Rebuilding the central staircase is currently the focus of attention and is about 50 per cent finished. Storm water pipes and pits installation, irrigation, mulching and planting will take place in this zone after the stair risers have been built.

We have recently upgraded the adjacent facilities building, and included a new storage shed and concrete driveway. Turfing will begin around this area soon.

In late September, we will commemorate the Rose Garden’s 50th Anniversary, following its official opening on 23 September 1975 by Senator Bob Cotton. Stage two, incorporating the section stretching from the central staircase to Mileham Road, is expected to be completed in November 2022.

Rose Garden

Reactive Plumbing

Recent News