Council has adopted the Master Plan for Rainforest Street Reserve, which will be the biggest passive park in Box Hill.
Rainforest Street Reserve will be located off The Water Lane opposite The Water Lane Reserve Sports Complex.
As the only district level park being developed in The Hills, it will have significant facilities, including:
- An extensive district level playground featuring a range of play equipment catering for various ages and abilities with shade structures and selected areas of rubber soft fall surfacing
- A Skate bowl/plaza facility
- Junior and senior mountain bike trails
- An amenities building
- Picnic facilities including picnic shelters, picnic settings, park seating, and barbeques
- A turf kick-about space
- On-site car parking
- Lighting to the main playspace
- Concrete pathways including internal paths as well as connections beyond the site
- Soft landscaping including a raingarden/swale to treat on-site stormwater
While a Water Play area will not be pursued at this stage, it has been included in the Master Plan in case a future source of funding become available for it.
Rainforest Street Reserve features a large expanse of remnant Cumberland Plain Woodland, which will be retained and enhanced where possible, with the park also featuring a natural theme to complement the vegetation.
Council will now proceed with the detail design and documentation stage of the project.