The Hills Shire Library Service is waiving fines until Friday for overdue library books in exchange for non-perishable food to support those who need a helping hand this Christmas.
Donations will be given to Anglicare for their Mobile Community Pantry, who have supplied a list of suitable items that can be donated, including:
- Christmas cake or pudding (500g or 700g)
- Tinned ham or chunky soup (450g)
- Tinned salmon or tuna (415g)
- Tea (100pk) or Coffee (100g)
- Packet of biscuits (no chocolate biscuits)
- Dried pasta (500g)
- Pasta sauce
- Long-life milk
- Long-life custard
- Tinned fruit and vegetables (425g)
- Jam (500g)
The Hills community have been very generous so far, and I am looking forward to seeing even more donations and our overdue library books back on our shelves this week.
The Mayor’s Library Fine Amnesty will run until this Friday, December 16. For further information, or how to donate, visit The Hills Shire Library Service website www.thehills.nsw.gov.au/Library/Library-Services[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]