People of all ages are invited to join together for an evening of entertainment, food and fun celebrating Sydney WorldPride 2023 in Hornsby Mall on Friday 24 February from 5pm to 9:30pm, the first of its kind in the Shire.
Presented by Hornsby Shire Council, this very special event promoting diversity and inclusivity will give residents the opportunity to join in the spirit of this major festival, hosted in Sydney this year for the first time. The packed program includes:
- Live music from writer, composer, performer, and pianist Andy Freeborn singing their own original compositions for musical theatre and popular hits songs from stage productions
- A performance by and crowd interaction with Charlamaine, one of Sydney’s most sought-after miming drag queens
- Entertainment from local LED and fire dancer Allura Mystique who cuts shapes and sprinkles fairy dust on the dancefloor
- A live stream of the Live and Proud: Sydney WorldPride opening concert, featuring Kylie Minogue, Jessica Mauboy and more on a giant screen in the mall
- Delicious food and drinks from a range of popular food trucks including La Raza serving Central American food, Matt & Bennys selling gua baos, Big Dog BBQ with its Texas style barbeque, Chur Burger specialty burgers, plus a selection of yummy frozen desserts and a pop-up bar
- Facepainting, glitter bar and PRIDE jewellery making station and giveaways for little and big kids
- Roving entertainment from rainbow stilt walkers
- Special Pride decorations in the mall including the rainbow steps to the train station, flags and lights.
“As a diverse community, we strive to promote accessibility and acceptance for all our residents. This special event for WorldPride 2023 is a demonstration of our commitment to providing opportunities for everyone to take part in all aspects of community life.
“It will be a safe space for people young and old to come together in the spirit of inclusivity,” said Hornsby Shire Mayor Philip Ruddock.
“Bring the family, bring friends, and make it an occasion to celebrate our unique and vibrant community while having a great time!”
Hornsby Shire Council’s Sydney WorldPride event on 24 February is FREE. For the full program and further details visit hornsby.nsw.gov.au/