FLOOD WATCH ISSUED FOR THE THE HAWKESBURY, COLO & MACDONALD RIVERS (13:00 Tuesday 5th April 2022)
- Hawkesbury and Lower Nepean Rivers – minor to moderate flooding
- Colo River – minor to moderate flooding
- Macdonald River – expect local flooding per recent events
The situation is being actively monitored and updated flood watches and warnings will be issued where necessary over the coming days.
Residents in areas previously isolated by flood water should take the opportunity NOW to ensure you have ample supplies in case of isolation. This includes:
- Food stuffs and beverages
- Fodder and stock feed
- Fuel for your generator(s).
What you need to do:
- Residents and businesses, in low-lying areas along these river systems and adjoining creeks, should prepare for the possibility of flooding and /or isolation
- Pumps and farm equipment should be relocated to higher ground
- Horses and livestock should be relocated to higher ground that will not become an island if flood heights increase
- Residents in low-lying areas likely to be flooded should make plans to leave when advised to do so. Ensure you take pets and valuables with you.
- For emergency help in floods and storms, call the NSW State Emergency Service on 132 500.
- In life threatening situations call triple zero (000) immediately.
- Listen to your local ABC radio station
- Follow us on Facebook at /NSWSES or our website at www.ses.nsw.gov.au
- Go to latest Weather and Warnings at www.bom.gov.au/nsw/
- For the latest Rainfall and River heights visit http://www.bom.gov.au/nsw/flood/greatersydney.shtml
- For road closures visit Road Closures at www.livetraffic.com.au or Hawkesbury City Council Disaster and Emergency Dashboard https://disaster.hawkesbury.nsw.gov.au