The Companion Card is for people with significant and permanent disabilities who need a carer with them to participate in communitybased activities and to accompany them to venues. It aims to promote a person’s right to fair ticketing and to make community access and participation more affordable.
NSW Companion Card stickers are displayed at their facilities of Hawkesbury Oasis Aquatic and Leisure Centre, Richmond Swimming Centre, the Hawkesbury Regional Gallery, the Hawkesbury Regional Museum, Richmond Branch Library and Hawkesbury Central Library to alert visitors that NSW Companion Cards are accepted.
Council also encourages local businesses and organisations to support the NSW Companion Card program.
Becoming an affiliated business is free. When you sign up as an affiliated business, you can use the Companion Card logo on your premises and marketing materials.
This will show your customers that:
• you want to help people with disabilities be active members of your community
• you’re committed to social inclusion and community access for all people
• you’re committed to corporate citizenship and take your social responsibilities seriously.
• helps you meet certain obligations under anti-discrimination legislation
• provides connection to an extensive and often untapped market — people with disability
• helps you identify customers who may need significant help from a carer to participate in activities and to visit venues.
For more information about the NSW Companion Card program, visit www.nsw.gov.au/community-services/ companion-card or call 1800 893 044.
For more information about Council’s facilities, visit www.hawkesbury.nsw.gov.au or call 4560 4444.