225g new potatoes, cut into chunks
100g green beans trimmed and halved
1 tbsp vegetable or sunflower oil
1 garlic clove chopped
1 tbsp thai green curry paste
400ml can coconut milk
2 tsp thai fish sauce
1 tsp caster sugar
450 g boneless chicken thigh fillets, but into 1 cm pieces
2 lime leaves shredded
1 handful of basil leaves chopped
Boiled rice to serve
• Put 225g new potatoes, cut into chunks, in a pot of boiling water and cook for 5 minutes.
• Add 100g trimmed and halved green beans and cook for a further 3 minutes, by which time both should be just tender but not too soft. Drain and put to one side.
• In a wok or large frying pan, heat 1 tbsp vegetable or sunflower oil until very hot, then drop in 1 chopped garlic clove and cook until golden, this should take only a few seconds. Don’t let it go very dark or it will spoil the
• Spoon in the curry paste and stir it around for a few seconds to begin to cook the spices and release all the flavours.
• Next, pour in the coconut milk and let it come to a boil. Stir in the fish sauce, caster sugar and chicken. Turn the heat down to a simmer and cook, covered, for about 8 minutes until the chicken is cooked.
• Tip in the potatoes and beans and let them warm through in the hot coconut milk, then add the lime leaves.
• Add the basil leaves.
• Scatter with lime to garnish and serve immediately with boiled rice.