Archaeology, emu feathers and more! Hawkesbury Library Service, Hawkesbury Regional Museum and Hawkesbury Regional Gallery are presenting a range of fun programs during the summer school holidays. All activities are for school aged children (children under the age of 10 must be accompanied by an adult). Bookings essential and some events incur a fee.
HAWKESBURY LIBRARY SERVICE Library workshops will be held at Hawkesbury Central Library, Ground Floor, Deerubbin Centre, 300 George Street, Windsor. Bookings are essential via Eventbrite www.hawkesburylibrary. eventbrite.com or call 4560 4460.
• TUESDAY MOVIES: Tues, 17, 24 January, 2pm to 3:30pm – Free Get out of the heat and relax while watching a new release DVD. Bring your own snacks and drinks. Check Eventbrite or call the library for the movie title.
• NATURE CRAFT: Thurs,19 January, 10:30am to 11:30am $5 – ages 5-12 Carla from Decorati will demonstrate how to make a beautiful hanging mobile from natural materials such as twigs, feathers, & gumnuts.
• FELT DESIGNS: Wed, 25 January, 2pm to 3:30pm $5 – ages 8+ Learn how to sew a monster pencil case using felt scraps. •
• SUMMER READING CLUB: Tues, 31 Jan – Free – ages 16 and under – registration essential Be a part of Summer Reading Club (SRC). Just register at one of our libraries, pick up a reading journal and start reading. Collect coupons for the books you read then redeem them at our special SRC shop (Saturday 4th to Sunday 19th February).
• SUMMER READING CLUB SHOP: Fri, 3 February, 3pm to 5:30pm – Free – for registered participants only with coupons Be one of the first to redeem your coupons at this pre-opening event. Book into a session for an exclusive shopping experience.
HAWKESBURY REGIONAL GALLERY Gallery workshops will be held at Hawkesbury Regional Gallery, 1st floor, Deerubbin Centre, 300 George Street, Windsor. Bookings essential via Eventbrite http://hawkesburygallery. eventbrite.com or call 4560 4441.
• GURANGADY PAINTING: Wed, 18 Jan, 11am to midday $20 – ages 5+ Inspired by Rhiannon Wright’s artwork ‘Gurandy Dyarubbinwa‘ you will be led in creating your own artwork of Gurangady and the Dyarubbin.
• EMU BRACELET WEAVING: Wed, 25 January, 11am to midday $20 – ages 7+ Create your own bracelet using traditional Dharug weaving methods using raffia and emu feathers. HAWKESBURY REGIONAL MUSEUM Museum workshops will be held at the Hawkesbury Regional Museum, 8 Baker Street, Windsor. Bookings essential via Eventbrite http://hawkesburymuseum.eventbrite.com or call 4560 4441.
• FIND THE FLABBITS: During the school holidays, 10am to 4pm (closed Tuesdays) – Free drop-in activity for ages 4+ Some flabbits have escaped into the museum exhibits, can you find them all? Solve the worksheet and receive your own flabbit sticker.
• ARCHAEOLOGICAL KIDS: DIGGING THROUGH THE LAYERS: Thursday, 19 January, 11am to 12.30pm $20 for ages 8+ In this workshop, children will delve into the world of archaeology in a fun and engaging way. Create a stratigraphy diorama to take home and share your newfound knowledge with friends and family.