It was a top night for community involvement when Hills Mayor, Michelle Byrne presented the Locals for Locals Awards.
“The Locals for Locals Awards is an invitation to celebrate our local heroes – those extraordinary people who together make possible our large and successful Hills Shire community,” she said.
Community Contribution Award for Community Service
• Captain Alan Clark, Volunteer with NSW Rural Fire Service, Round Corner Brigade for nearly 40 years.
• Ramani Regis who set up the community space, At The Corner at Baulkham Hills and facilitated the launch of the Hills Womens’ Shed initiative in partnership with CMRC and Positive Vibes.
• Beverley Richardson from the Soroptimist International of The Hills
Community Contribution Award for Arts & Culture Winner:
• Jonathan Barons from The Hills Musical Theatre Company Inc
Community Contribution Award for Environment & Sustainability Winner:
• Lachlan Turner: a volunteer at the Community Environment Centre since 2010 who runs a variety of environmental workshops and write columns on the environment for local publications.
Community Contribution Award for Education Winner:
• Nadia Bachler from Spectrum Therapy Australia Community Contribution Award for Sports & Recreation Winners
• Aaron Mangan President of Castle Hill BMX Club.
• Emily Jordan from Baulkham Hills Sports Club for her work with Little Athletics NSW.
Business Award for Community
Contribution Winner: Natasha Sears from Puddle Ducks Swim Academy for her work with the Puddle Ducks Water Safety program.
• Simon File from Crowe Horwath
• Linda Gunek from Sydney Hills and Hawkesbury Living