Albanese Government, We know a lot of people are doing it tough right now dealing with the cost of living.
That’s why we’re doing everything we can to get wages moving.
We are only halfway through our term, and we’ve already created more jobs than any other first term government on record at 624,000 new jobs.
October’s ABS Labour Force Figures show
• Employment increased by 55,000 – exceeding all market expectations.
• Female employment increased by 37,500.
• Importantly, female full-time employment increased by 26,200 in October, to a record high of 3,867,000, and is now 144,600 (or 3.9 per cent) higher than it was a year ago.
• The participation rate increased to 67 per cent, returning to the record high it hit in August this year.
• The female participation rate is at an all-time high of 62.8 per cent.
However, there’s still more work to do.
This mont h the Albanese Government passed the Closing Loopholes Bill.
The Bill will criminalise wage theft, and close labour hire loopholes that mean Australians doing the exact same job are being paid different rates of pay.
On top of this, our focus to ease the cost of living for Australians has remained steadfast. It’s our top priority. We are delivering $23 billion in targeted relief, while not adding to inflation.
• Electricity bill relief
• Making medicines cheaper
• Making it easier and cheaper to see a doctor
• Cheaper child care and expanding parental leave
• Building more social and affordable homes and increasing rent assistance
• Fee-free TAFE
• Wages rising for fastest rate for a decade – including for minimum wage and aged care workers.
But the job isn’t done, and the Albanese Government is working every day to deliver a Better Future for Australians.