An incredibly exciting day for Blacktown City as they welcome over $239 million funding for six key projects that will transform the City.
Blacktown City Council was successful in securing funds through the NSW Government’s WestInvest Community Grants Project.
“I was thrilled to be at Shalvey today taking part in this announcement with the NSW Treasurer Matt Kean.”Tony Bleasdale OAM said
The six projects to be funded include:
– $77m for the expansion and modernisation of the Blacktown Aquatic Centre
– $41m for the modernisation of Mount Druitt Swimming Centre
– $40m for a new Leo Kelly Blacktown Arts Centre
– $36m for a new Seven Hills Community Resource Hub and library
– $25m for a new and expanded Police and Community Youth Centres (PCYC) facility for Mount Druitt
– $20m for a First Nations Community Centre at Mount Druitt
These projects will enhance lives and create jobs throughout Blacktown City. I look forward to updating you further as these projects get underway.