There are many of us who are not able to enjoy this beautiful season out and about simply because our body is not able to keep up with our mind and heart. There is no reason to feel disappointed. You can enjoy the same or better mobility by equipping yourself with a mobility scooter or a power chair. That throws in the challenge of how to select suitable motorized mobility equipment. Comfort Discovered ( 511 Pacific Highway, Mt Colah, Hornsby, 02 9987 4500,) can assist you with the selection and purchase of the most suitable equipment for you.
First and foremost you must discuss this matter with your doctor and family members before proceeding to buy or hire one. At Comfort Discovered, they will first ensure that the potential buyer is able to independently handle and operate such an equipment.
1. Is it a Power Chair or Mobility Scooter? This will depend on several factors and mostly on the physical ability of the user and where it would be used. A power chair would be ideal for indoor use.
2. Size and Portability: Do you require the scooter to be a portable one? How often would you transport it? Or you would like a stable scooter primarily to be used in one place? What is the weight of the user? What is the terrain where the scooter is going to be used? What is the length of the most frequent trip? You will be pleasantly surprised with the latest models of portable scooters at Comfort Discovered and how easy and light they are to assemble and dismantle.
3. Three wheel or four wheel? Four wheels ensures more stability whereas three wheel has shorter turning circle.
4. Compliance with Australian Standards: Its important that you buy one from your local supplier who ensures that the unit complies with the strict Australian Standards for quality.
5. Warranty and Back Up Service: Like your car a scooter has to be backed up with a strong warranty and technical support. Battery is another important element in the selection.
6. Features: Do you want a Luggage carrier? A canopy to shied you from the sun and rain? A comfortable seat? A USB mobile charger can be handy these days. Some of the scooters have trendy dash board displays that shows you the distance travelled, speed, battery levels, indicators etc. etc. Choose the colour that best represents your taste.
7. Test Drive: No body sensible buys a car without a test drive. Why would you buy yours without one? Comfort Discovered (511 Pacific Highway, Mt Colah, Hornsby, 02 9987 4500) has a very convenient location to take a peaceful hassle free test drive.