The Federal Member for Mitchell, the Hon Alex Hawke MP, is encouraging local community
organisations in Mitchell to submit an expression of interest for funding under the Stronger
The Stronger Communities Programme, announced in this year’s Budget, will deliver $150,000 for the electorate of Mitchell to fund capital projects which deliver social benefits.
Expressions of Interest are being sought for the grants. Examples of projects which may be funded under the programme include:
• fit-out of community centres, health centres including kitchen upgrades and equipment
purchases such as computers, TVs, furniture and fittings;
• sporting facility upgrades including new scoreboards, spectator seating, new turf, fit-out
of changes rooms, new canteen, new lights, upgrade drainage and water systems,
• purchase of equipment for local SES Eligible applicants can apply for funding of at least $2,500 and up to a maximum of $20,000.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate matched funding for the project, in cash or in-kind. The co-funding grants will be available for capital expenditure on projects that deliver social benefits and improve community participation and cohesion.
How do I apply?
Applying for a Mitchell Stronger Communities Grant is a two-step process:
1. Complete the Expression of Interest which will be considered by the Mitchell Community Consultative Committee, at https://www.alexhawke.com.au/mitchell-stronger-communities-programme-0
2. Successful EOI applications will then be invited to submit a formal submission to the
Department of Infrastructure and Regional Development.
Applicants are strongly encouraged to read the Stronger Communities Programme guidelines and the Frequently Asked Questions at https://www.business.gov.au/Assistance/Stronger-Communities-Programme
Expressions of interest must be submitted by 5pm, Wednesday, 23 August 2017.
“For more information about the Stronger Communities Programme please visit
https://www.alexhawke.com.au/mitchell-stronger-communities-programme-0. If you have any further questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call my office on 9899 7211,” Mr Hawke concluded.