The Hills Shire Council’s Draft 2036 Local Strategic Planning Statement (LSPS) is now on exhibition and you can have your say.
It provides a vision and strategy about the future of The Hills Shire to guide growth and development through to 2036.
The LSPS will be on exhibition until Friday, August 9. Residents can make comment through The Hills Shire Council’s website, www.thehills.nsw.gov.au.
A number of informal drop-in sessions have also been organised where Council Officers will be available to answer questions on the draft LSPS.
• Friday, July 12 between 1am and 3pm: Norwest Marketown.
• Saturday July 20 between 10am and 1pm: Stockland Mall, Baulkham Hills.
• Thursday, July 25 between 11am and 7pm: Vinegar Hill Memorial Library (Rouse Hill)
• Saturday July 27 between 10am and 1pm at Dural Library.
• Thursday August 1 between 11am and 7pm at Castle Hill Library.
The LPS sets out planning priorities and actions to be delivered over the next five years which target a variety of housing options, better road and rail connections, improved walkability, more jobs, parks and services for the region.
“Our goal is to ensure that we can plan for what is needed in the future – that we have a wide range of housing options, provide high-quality jobs close to home, and that we have the facilities and services to support a healthy, active and inclusive community,” said Hills Mayor Dr Michelle Byrne.